Friday, April 19, 2013

Hall of Memories

            As I walk through this abandoned hall, I see my past. they are written in the cracks in the paint, shaped in the curves of  broken glass shattered on the floors. I've walked this hall before, but it was not me. I was a child when I put my footsteps on the soft blue carpet. My mother would be in the living room with my little brother, humming a tune while my older sister brushed her hair some more. Father would come home from work, kiss my cheek, and then send me to bed. Never had I guessed that that one kiss was the last. The next morning, they were all gone. They didn't take any belongings or leave any message. There was this hall though, where the glass lamp was smashed. This is where I walk now, the hall of my memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment