Monday, March 4, 2013

Better


A song by Cookie

Better 
Hello my dear 
Oh how I wish you were here 
So that I could hold you in my arms
 Make you laugh with my silly little charms 
And I miss you like I always miss targets
But Cupid shot me while I was in the market


 Because we play together 
Like children in sunny weather 
Making my heart as light as a feather 
Holding your hand soft like polished leather
 Oh I could never find another man because you're always better 

 It's funny how you make so many jokes
 Laughing so hard that I practically choke 
You'd start tickling me in my secret spot
Right on my sides under my blue top
Then you'd tell me about my beauty that I forgot 
And then you'd say you loved me a lot 

 Because we play together 
Like children in sunny weather 
Making my heart as light as a feather 
Holding your hand soft like polished leather 
Oh I could never find another man because you're always better 

 Oh I can remember the times 
Where we would sit and just rhyme 
Or fiddle around with a dime 
Staring down from the trees we'd climb 
Because I'm the lemon, you're the lime 
And together, we're so fine. 

 Because we'll stay together 
Even through the stormy weather 
Even when my heart's not a feather 
We'll be as tough as leather 
And we'll just love each other, better

No comments:

Post a Comment