Saturday, March 2, 2013

For My Best Friend

Blind to her beauty,
Hides her pain
Just moves on with her duty
Being the opposite of vain
She hates every feature
Hate every one of her characteristics
Says she's an ugly creature
Says people are unrealistic
Doubts that she's a good friend
Hates that's she crazy
Talks to me about the time I misspend
Saying my sight must be hazy
But I see something diverse
I've never seen better
So I'll be terse
And show you my love in these letters
You've been here all my life
You say your beauty can't be true
But I can't remember any strife
That we haven't gotten through
I've always loved your curly hair,
And your quirky lips,
The cute little necklaces you wear,
And holding your cold fingertips,
I love how you're taller than I,
Your hilarious nicknames,
And your dramatic "Laugh, sob, cry, die"
How we were always dying dames,
I always get your hand-me-downs,
Funny how you made me laugh,
We sometimes act like clowns,
And how I would rant about my hatred for bar graphs,
But oh your eyes,
Like Neptune,
The eighth planet up in the skies,
Blue gem runes,
Like the God of the sea,
They run deep,
They make a decree,
That your heart He will keep,
Your absolute love for One Direction,
My love for cheese,
The funky affection,
Oh the weird things we'd do at ease,
We were in a happy go luck state,
With no worries or fears,
But then we had to grow up before it was too late,
And we started sharing tears,
Now we walk together,
On a rocky road,
Praying God will let us be friends forever,
And that neither of us will be kissed by a toad,
You don't believe any of this that I say,
You say it's lies,
But I pray someday,
That God will let you see through my eyes,
I shall pray until my demise,
That you will see how you're more than a prize,
You are my beloved sister,
My best girl,
No one, not a mister,
Can get between us,
I'd get rid of him like a blister,
Because you are my pearl.

No comments:

Post a Comment