Saturday, March 2, 2013

You've Changed

You show me a picture of who you used to be, And I sit in silence thinking “Truly, Is this the same person that I now see?” I see changes of good, And changes of bad. You’re more mature now, But then again your face is sad. Your heart has hardened, Along with your face. You know your sins have been pardoned, Instead you look away from me as if you’re a disgrace. Before you were happy, in bliss, But that was before you almost felt deaths kiss. I see an amazing soldier, But then I see a hurting heart. It’s like you have a boulder on your shoulders, And it’s taking all of you not to fall apart. Brown eyes that I can’t look into, Eyes that help me to see through, The walls you’ve built up to, Keep people from coming in, Keep them from letting you grin, I know you’re afraid to get hurt, It’s as easy to see as your shirt, But then I remember you talking to me, And I just sit in silent reverie, Going through my memory, Thinking about how I could never find a better friend, That someday God with use someone to mend, Your life that you almost tried to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment