Saturday, March 2, 2013

Self Harm

This is not the friend I used to know, 
Why can't I see the smile that used to grow, 
On your face so beautiful, 
You used to have stars in your eyes, 
But now you have scars on your arm, 
I can see through all the lies, 
When did you start this self harm? 
I can't walk into your room without going crazier, 
It hurts me to see, 
All the razors, 
And all the blood that's been set free, 
From your body, 
We used to talk and play after dinner, 
But now you just head straight to the sink, 
And I'm noticing you're unhealthily thinner, 
And how your stomach will shrink, 
But you have to realize, 
Every time you cut yourself, 
You cut my heart, 
Do you put God on a shelf? 
And then try to tear me apart? 
You have to stop, 
Before my knees collapse and I drop, 
Why can't you see you like I do? 
Why can't you see the truth? 
This self harm isn't giving you any gain, 
Just more pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment